photo by Pantone
For 2009, the pantone colour of the year is... Mimosa, a gorgeous yellow-orange which to me radiates sunshine and warmth. Think accents: it would be stunning with gold and camel, and equally electric with silver and white. Citrus hues are a personal favourite of mine, so I am excited for the fashion and home decor that will result from this sunny colour!
Trends that are hot, some of which we saw in 2008:
1) Personal Style - eclectic, mixed and matched, adding antiques to contemporary furnishings, incorporating your own personal treasures into your decor keeps it personal and authentic.
2) Artisan - hand crafted, one of a kind items, and Canadian House and Home freshens this trend up by keeping the handicrafts modern, sleek, organic and textural.
photo from instyle interiors from www.merchantcircle.com
Photo of Arabella wallpaper for Designers Guild
Canadian cedar wooden bathtub from Elegno, photo courtesy of http://www.3rings.designerpages.com/
- 4)Green - this trend is one that will continue for many years, in the fabrication of eco-friendly furniture, fabrics, bedding, and the use of sustainable materials....living responsibly!
5) Custom/Iconic - custom made fabrics, wallpaper, bedding, pillows, handpainted furniture and millwork , and classic coveted pieces from top designers such as Eames and Saarinan...these are the couture elements in our ready made society.
6) Modern Romance - this is the look of old traditional, reinvented with a modern flair. Curved, feminine, and soft, it's oversized floral fabrics and wallpapers, pastel colours, and tufted seating. This ties in with the Hollywood Regency style that is prevalent, see below with 'over the top decor'.
Square Root Lounge Chair from http://www.beachdwelling.com/
Chair from Camilla House Imports
photo of Kwid Design, courtesy of Viceroy Hotel
tepee from Design Within Reach
Thanks for visiting my blog! For comments, click on the comment word below.