Surround yourself in style. Live it. Wear it. Be it.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

November Shopping Odyssey

Photo courtesy of fashionandbeautytech.com

You gotta love holiday shopping....Is it the faint jingles of Christmas carols playing, dodging the clusters of bundled up shoppers braving blustery weather on snowy sidewalks, or circling around a jammed mall parking lot looking for a decent parking spot less than a mile from the nearest entrance? Maybe it's squeezing by the heaping shopping carts and zealous bargain hunters lined up by stores at the crack of dawn on 'Black Friday' for the doorbusting deals the day after American Thanksgiving? No, it's no picnic, but somehow, the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping gives me holiday spirit. It is a shopping ritual that, although hectic and downright exhausting, feels rewarding when I find the perfect gift, and kicks off the holiday season for me!
It's infinitely more enjoyable if you're organized and have time to shop ahead. Planning ahead allows one the luxury of lollygagging and browsing around the stores looking at the small details, and I'm much more apt to pick up things that a last minute shopper won't find, or can't be bothered looking for! I like to stock up on small trinkets that can be used for hostess gifts. Though I haven't hit the stores physically yet, my online search has been fruitful!


Here are gorgeous bottle stoppers that can be monogrammed from Pottery Barn.


I also love the look of these metallic embroidered sentiment pillows from Pottery Barn.

Photo Courtesy Harper Collins

Nina Garcia's new book, The One Hundred, was released this summer and is a great
addition to any fashionista's library!

This Lux Jewellry Box from West Elm is ideal for jewellry or other keepsakes.


Photo courtesy of Katespaperie.com


My holiday purchases need to be as stunning on the outside as they are inside, so the wrapping of the gifts is as important as the gift itself. I love plain paper and a lush satin ribbon, maybe a felt monogram, or I'll go with hip paper and solid ribbon to make an irresistible statement!
Katespaperie.com carries beautiful holiday paper, including this metallic baubles paper.


This amazing reindeer paper is also available thru Katespaperie.com. Wouldn't this be
chic used on some gifts under the tree with simple thick satin plum ribbon, and a few more gifts in solid plum paper with turquoise or chocolate satin ribbon? Love it!!!!

Thanks for reading my blog! To view my archives, scroll down and click on 'older posts'. Feel free to make a comment by clicking on the 'comment' word below. You may also visit my website at www.housewears.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment!